Re: [ontolog-forum] Knowledge Definition, Comments and Hello All

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 08:32:19 -0700
Hello Cecilia:    (01)

Thanks for coming out of the closet ;-)    (02)

Your email has a lot of items we should probably respond to. I will pick
one minor item (RDF).  If you are implementing it, you may wish to take
a look at Adobe XMP.  We have a free SDK available for our extensible
implementation of RDF called eXtensible Metadata platform.    (03)

http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/main.html    (04)

This may save you a large amount of work and there is no cost to use
it.  Tim Berners-Lee himself singled out Adobe as one vendor on the road
to the semantic web:    (05)

http://www.ercim.org/publication/Ercim_News/enw51/berners-lee.html    (06)

"Adobe gets it"
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/mar2002/nf20020327_4579.htm    (07)

I think that there is definitely more clarity on the nature of binary
relations although many of the differences are very subtle.  Some
associations are also rarely used such as coreflexsive.  I am not sure
if there is unanimous consensus but the thread dying down seems to
indicate there are no major oppositions.There are more definitive
mathematical binary relations laid out on this page (I personally found
this helpful)    (08)

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/MathematicalRelation    (09)

although these are math-centric and not the OO and class-centric
ontological views of the world which beasts like "disjoint" exist.     (010)

Cheers    (011)

Duane    (012)

Cecelia Hickel wrote:    (013)