Re: [ontolog-forum] Knowledge Definition, Comments and Hello All

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 07:46:26 -0700
Hi Cecelia,    (01)

It's so nice to hear from you again!    (02)

Thank you for sharing the wikipedia link ... wikipedia is a
phenomenal resource, period. I concur with your suggestion and
recommend to those who haven't tried it to look up a few things
at the wikipedia, and see for yourselves.    (03)

    [Sidebar: for those who weren't already aware, our ontolog
wiki supports InterMap that would allow someone to point to, say,
the definition of "Epistemology" from our wiki by simply typing
"WikiPedia:Epistemology" there.
Ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?InterMap ]    (04)

I'll let those who are better versed to respond to your other
comments and questions ... However, may I suggest that we all try
to make sure we stay within the scope of this forum (when in
doubt, please refer to the Ontolog Charter:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidB ...
as such, your "subject of 'Knowledge Definition'", or a
discussion on epistemology, for example, does tempt people to
venture out-of-scope, if we are not careful.)    (05)

 > Also, what is up with the June 30th recordings?  The MP3
 > continually breaks up and less than half is audible.    (06)

I just doubled checked (although I did not listen through the
entire 1 hr. 49 min.), as far as I can tell, the mp3 file is
intact. If you are listening to it in a streaming mode, and you
do not have a good broadband connection, you may have trouble.
You might try downloading the entire 38.3MB file before playing
it back.    (07)

Try the 6/30/05 audio archive segment where Michael Gruninger was
answering the question on tractability (1:01:10~1:03:12). Several
have expressed the same view on this forum before, but Michael
said it very succinctly during that 6/30 discussion ... his
answer is probably pertinent to your work.    (08)

Cheers.  =ppy