RE: [ontolog-forum] Re: Semantics

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bob Smith" <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:14:01 -0700

Bob,

Your points seem to underscore effectively the diverse uses in academic research and business applications of Ontology methodologies and begs for further discussion of the challenges of quality metrics in various domains.

Some large firms, for example, are beginning to focus on Policy driven ontologies ( PDO ) as an approach to evaluating application interoperability as part of an architectural analysis. One of the obvious drivers of PDO is external regulatory demands (SOX, Basel II, HIPAA, etc.) which puts continuous pressures on Boards of Directors for adapting to new contexts.

Thanks for your insight. How does GSX cope?

Rob Smith

Tall Tree Labs