Re: [ontolog] ontology tools and an ontology repository?

To: ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:27:46 -0800
Thanks to all who responded to Leo's tool and repository
questionnaire. To date, 11 people have responded. Results as follows:    (01)

1.  10 out of the 11 answered "Yes" to the idea of our site supporting
an ontology repository (1 person answered "Maybe".)    (02)

2.  Also, 10 of the 11 said "Yes" to our site supporting a Web-enabled
ontology tool (for developing ontologies).    (03)

3.  7 people responded to the "tool they use/familiar with" question,
and Stanford Medical Informatics' "Protégé" made it into 6 of those 7
answers (of course, some of you are familiar with multiple tools.)    (04)

4.  A composite of the results can be found at    (05)

http://ontolog.cim3.org/survey/data/ontolog1-tools/ontolog1-tools-results_nov02.html    (06)

5.  If you are interested in each person answered, the individualized
response profile can be found in text files under the directory--
   http://ontolog.cim3.org/survey/data/ontolog1-tools/    (07)

Please don't hesitate to continue to send in your answer. I'll just
add them onto the pile as they come in. Again, the survey form is
available at http://ontolog.cim3.org/survey/ontolog1.html    (08)

Cheer,
PPY

--
To post messages mailto:ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An archive of the [ontolog] forum can be found