[ontolog] ontology tools and an ontology repository?

To: Ontolog-forums-cim3-net <ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Leo Obrst <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:19:37 -0500
All,    (01)

We are considering one possibility for our site: an ontology repository,
wherein folks can register ontologies and/or build ontologies using
Web-enabled tools, possibly hosted at our site.    (02)

So some questions:
1) How do you feel about:
    a) our site supporting an ontology repository?
    b) our site supporting a Web-enabled ontology tool (for developing
ontologies)?
    c) none of the above.    (03)

2) Which ontology tools do you use?
   a) Can you characterize the tools: i.e., Web-enabled, ontology
languages supported, cost/licensing, POCs, experience, etc.
   b) Do you know of a tool provider who might support such a public
effort, hosted on our site?    (04)

3) Which ontology languages (knowledge representation languages) should
be the standard(s) for the ontologies?
   (Some examples: Ontolingua/KIF, Common Logic, OKBC, CycL, RDF/S,
DAML+OIL, OWL, etc.)    (05)

4) Additional Comments?    (06)

Thanks!
Leo    (07)

Dr. Leo Obrst  The MITRE Corporation
mailto:lobrst@xxxxxxxxx Intelligent Information Management/Exploitation
Voice: 703-883-6770 7515 Colshire Drive, M/S W640
Fax: 703-883-1379       McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA    (08)

--
To post messages mailto:ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An archive of the [ontolog] forum can be found