uos-convene
[Top] [All Lists]

RE: [uos-convene] UOS Agenda and Logistical Details

To: "Upper Ontology Summit convention" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 00:32:38 -0500
Message-id: <6ACD6742E291AF459206FFF2897764BE9E563C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Nicola,
  We had a discussion about the agenda from 3 to 4:15 PM, New York time on Friday.  The Wednesday morning session agenda was changed significantly from the original in response to the email comments.  The latest version of the agenda for Wednesday morning (March 15th) is at:

As you can see there, it was decided that the section starting at 9:10 AM  would allow panelists to describe existing applications (if any) of their respective ontologies, and in your absence we left a time slot for you, if you wish to talk at that time.

It was also decided that the 10:30 AM - 12 noon slot on Tuesday the 14th would be kept as an intermission in our meeting to allow everyone to attend the plenary session for the NIS Interoperability Week.  But we also decided to extend the Tuesday session to 6 PM to give more time for discussion. 

At this point, we expect that there will be about 15 minutes in the morning of Tuesday for each panelist to present his views.  We hope that the focus of this first session can be the question of whether and how each of the existing upper ontologies can be related to each other.  The time is, of course, quite insufficient for any in-depth presentation and we would expect those presentations to describe the main issues that each panelist views as most important in finding relations, with pointers to any more extended comments that the panelists would like to present.  If there are any materials prepared ahead of this time that can help in this discussion, we encourage the panelists to send such materials to the convene group.

The exact structure of Tuesday afternoon is not yet absolutely fixed.  I hope that we can hear from Aldo at 13:30 Tuesday but we may be in the middle of discussions at that time, and Leo will have to decide what would fit into that time slot.

Pat

Patrick Cassidy
MITRE Corporation
260 Industrial Way
Eatontown, NJ 07724
Mail Stop: MNJE
Phone: 732-578-6340
Cell: 908-565-4053
Fax: 732-578-6012
Email: pcassidy@xxxxxxxxx

From: uos-convene-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:uos-convene-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nicola Guarino
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 6:00 PM
To: Upper Ontology Summit convention
Subject: Re: [uos-convene] UOS Agenda and Logistical Details

Folks, 

I am a bit confused about what the most recent proposed agenda is. Let me take this message by Pat as an opportunity to further clarify my position.

. .
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>