RE: [uos-convene] KBR vs SQL

To: "Upper Ontology Summit convention" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Uschold, Michael F" <michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:10:01 -0800
THIRDED    (01)

I'm not sure what specification vs. implementation has to do with the
statement, Bill can you elaborate?    (02)

At first I thought I disagreed, but now I think that I agree with what
was perhaps the intended meaning. I think that the wording may be
ambiguous (surprise...).    (03)

Here is what I think/hope most of us could agree to, that is implicit in
this statement:    (04)

Traditional systems based on rdbs and oop have some inherent limitations
due to the fact that there is no semantic interpretation. Semantic
technologies, used [possibly in conjunction with] more traditional
technologies can overcome some of these limitations.

Btw, lets name the key limitations!
The flip side of this is echoed by Bill too: we should be specific as to
the manner in which semantic based systems are 'more advanced'.    (06)

Mike    (07)