Re: [oor-forum] Common Logic and the BioPortal Triple Store

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:40:25 -0400
Pat,    (01)

Hmmm, if a quad store simply establishes an additional link for
a context (or some other entity), then why could we not use the
predicate mechanism of a triple store to access the 4th link?
Must we also standardize on predicates?    (02)

Since RDF handles n-ary graphs using blank nodes, why couldn't
quad-graphs also be handled with blank nodes (with an appropriate
predicate)?    (03)

-John Bottoms
  Firststar Systems
  Concord, MA    (04)

(misquoting...)
“When I use a graph,” Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful
tone, “it means what I choose it to mean, neither more nor
less.”    (05)

Pat Hayes wrote:    (06)