Re: [oor-forum] Common Logic and the BioPortal Triple Store

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Cameron Ross <cross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:53:53 -0400
Perhaps the best option would be to establish an architecture that would allow for different implementations for persistence.  Developers could then construct implementations based on different quality attributes (i.e. requirements for performance, storage, memory, clustering etc.).   The OOR initiative would first need to define this architecture and then select a specific design (or designs) for implementation.  Groups working outside of the OOR code development initiative could also construct back-ends around different quality attributes.

I know someone mentioned that different back-ends could be plugged into the OOR, but I can't find the reference.  Does anyone know if this is currently a requirement, a feature described in some existing OOR design document or presentation, or an actual feature of BioPortal?

Cameron.