Re: [oor-forum] Common Logic and the BioPortal Triple Store

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:03:45 -0700
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Cameron Ross <cross@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know someone mentioned that different back-ends could be plugged into the
> OOR, but I can't find the reference.  Does anyone know if this is currently
> a requirement, a feature described in some existing OOR design document or
> presentation, or an actual feature of BioPortal?
> Cameron.    (01)

[ppy]  that would be very desirable as far as OOR is concerned.    (02)

... I don't believe there exists any OOR design document or
presentation talking about how that could/should be done (yet.) ... On
the contrary, it has specifically been mentioned before (in previous
OOR panel sessions) that implementing a different back-end to the
existing BioPortal is non-trivial.    (03)

Yes ... we should definitely continue to explore possibilities.    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy