Re: [oor-forum] OOR-Presentation on 2008.04.29 - slide deck ready for re

To: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Graybeal <graybeal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:29:13 -0700
Fast comments, since if I wait for well-thought-out comments I may never get
there. Hope it's useful.    (01)

- How much time are slides to fit into again?
- A little more glue (organization into an architectural/developmental
sequence) is needed
  - how do the various presented topics relate to each other? some are
components or contributions to the whole
  - present more sophisticated concepts, like those of M Mehrotra, later, after
basic requirements
- Which slides are presented on collective OOR's behalf, and which on an
individual's or organization's behalf, needs to be clear (If we all agree on
the roadmap, for example, that's good to know)
- Nowhere mentioned: As people keep more of their data in ontologies, will this
be meant for those too?
- R&D is often mentioned, but that's implicitly about ontological R&D? whereas
OOR would also support end user science R&D
- 3, and 7 and onward: existing instances should come later, after goals and
all that
- 16: not clear how CIM3 is meant to fit into this overall presentation (ie.,
is this promotional?) -- address explicitly
-19: this is most important slide, IMHO, followed closely by 6 (but 6 should
come first!)
- 25: vision should go toward beginning
- 33: references non-existent "Rationale" on previous slide
- 48: URLs are too long, ooregistry or oorepository or ... better
- 51: Strawman mentions XMDR -- why not bioportal? ebXML? or others?    (02)

John    (03)

John Graybeal   <mailto:graybeal@xxxxxxxxx>  -- 831-775-1956
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org
Shore Side Data System: http://www.mbari.org/ssds    (05)