Re: [oor-forum] OOR-Presentation on 2008.04.29 - slide deck ready for re

To: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>, OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Evan Wallace <ewallace@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:55:06 -0400

I have looked at this and it needs work.  Slide 6 is notable in this regard.
It needs to talk about the actual shortcomings of the SemWeb approach
and how a reg/rep will address these shortcomings.  Furthermore,  some
of the bullets don't belong at all, such as:
 "It's linked to multiple common middle and upper ontologies"
For me this is not a feature, and it certainly isn't a characteristic
that comes
from "it" being part of an OR.  The value of an ORR (Ontology Registry/
Repository) is in making its content truly reusable by providing confidence
that it will persist in a usable form (i.e. be maintained) at some
persistent
location.   Thus it's the more basic reusable components that should be the
primary target content of an OR.    (01)

I am sure I will have more comments, but they will have to wait until
tomorrow.
This was sent out in the afternoon of a very busy day.    (02)

-Evan    (03)