[oor-forum] OOR-Presentation on 2008.04.29 - slide deck ready for review

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bruce Bargmeyer" <bebargmeyer@xxxxxxx>, "Ken Baclawski" <kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Evan Wallace" <ewallace@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:14:05 -0700
Further to our earlier discussion (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2008_03_14#nid1BD9
), Leo, Mike and I have finally put together a draft deck of slides,
on behalf of the OOR-Team, for presentation on 4/29 afternoon (agenda
item:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda#nid1BLS
)    (01)

1. thanks to the support by various members of the community who have
volunteered/agreed to help present this, we have are going to have
Leo, Bruce, Keb, Evan and Mike to present the five sub-sections of the
presentation which the group outlined earlier. (Regretfully, we
weren't able to feature everyone who had volunteered to present, but
had to select our presenters based on their familiarity and earlier
contribution to the sub-topic. Our appreciations to all who have
volunteered, indeed.)    (02)

2. the draft presentation is now available at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR-presentation_20080429/OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_draft_20080429f.ppt    (03)

3. Kindly review the slides and provide feedback within today (by
responding to this thread), so that we can have a next iteration ready
for tomorrow's final sync-up meeting
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_04_24 ).    (04)

... In particular, the presenters are invited to tweak their own
sections to suit their individual style, preference, etc. That said,
though, the overall goal is still for us, to collectively forge
together a presentation that can tell the story of the "OOR
Initiative" as a whole.    (05)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (06)

for,
  Mike Dean