Re: [ontology-summit] Hackathon: BACnet Ontology

To: "'Ontology Summit 2013 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:37:40 -0000
Dear Joel and Deborah,    (01)

I'm not so sure there should be a problem.    (02)

> > I've forwarded onto someone at Project Haystack that was working on
pumps. A
> few months ago I sent him some information from Matthew West RE: the 15926
> Reference Library - they were interested in that too but had questions
about
> IP licensing of ISO 15926 and if it is compatible with the open source
license
> they are using for Haystack.
>
> Licensing is going to be a stumbling block... more like a brick wall.    (03)

MW: The last I heard the Reference Data Library was freely available, but
the standards for the process for updating it have to be paid for if you
want copies of those. You can certainly access it (SPARQL end point) here:
https://www.posccaesar.org/wiki/Rds
And members of the oil industry certainly download it or parts of it for
their own use at no charge. It might be a problem if you wanted to republish
it and claim copyright and if you did I would suggest talking to the POSC
Caesar folks about it. But as long as you only reference it, I don't see why
there should be a problem, and given it is published on the web I don't see
why you should want to do anything else.    (04)

Regards    (05)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 1489 880185
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
Skype: dr.matthew.west
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (06)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (07)