Re: [ontology-summit] System Components

To: "'Ontology Summit 2012 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Chris Partridge <partridgec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:57:21 -0000

It looks like you are describing something similar to a qua object, which has no identity.

Not sure we are talking about the same thing. Bishop in this case is a particular bishop, such as the ‘Bishop of Liverpool’ – a corporation sole, a legal person. If we take the approach you suggest, what happens when the next person gets instantiated as the (same) bishop. In what sense is it the ‘same’ bishop – the bishop continues to own the land, etc.

Wouldn’t Occam’s razor prefer a simple agent.

Regards,

Chris