Re: [ontology-summit] [strategy] Blank Stares and Semantic Technology: A

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:17:32 -0500
On 3/11/2011 11:04 AM, Aldo Gangemi wrote:
> Ontologies per se cannot do much: we need to keep that in mind when
> selling ontologies, because the hard field work is mostly in integrating
> data, components and methods. A possible good point is in making it
> clear that ontologies act as "hubs" for those components and methods,
> specially when they are carefully designed.    (01)

Yes.  That's the point I wanted to stress.  Integration of ontologies
with mainstream IT requires suitable tools.    (02)

I would very much like to see case studies that emphasize *how*
ontologies are integrated.  What kinds of tools and programming
languages are used for the applications?    (03)

What works?  What doesn't work?  What could work better if
the tools were better integrated?    (04)