Re: [ontology-summit] [OAF] [Case studies]

To: "Ontology Summit 2011 discussion" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 20:08:25 +0200
Here is another sample of a formal and obscure notion: "conceptual
modeling". How the mentioned stakeholders, (i) policy makers, (ii) budget
holders, (iii) Technology Decision Makers (CIOs and Architects), (iv)
Implementers (engineers and developers), (v) users/consumers of the
technology, and (vi) educators, are supposed to read it.  What its scope,
constraints, context, variety, and meanings may be for each interested
party, if it's about:
1. a model of concept, like AI conceptual models,
2. a domain model/problem model, like the UML's class diagram, describing
its key concepts, attributes, and relationships,
3. reality model, representing the real world entities, properties, and
relationships.
Azamat