Re: [ontology-summit] [OAF] [Case studies]

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 17:37:19 +0100
Dear Michaels,    (01)

        something which is missing  from the OAF picture on the community wiki
is the use of ontologies for conceptual modelling, and in general for
understanding a domain. This is clearly mentioned in the paper cited below (and
in many other places, of course), and was also emerging from the online
discussion (which I am following only sporadically, I admit...).    (02)

Talking to you soon,    (03)

Nicola    (04)

P.S. I find the bullet on "Semantic augmentation" a bit confusing, let's think
about how to improve it...    (05)

On 3 Mar 2011, at 04:31, Michael F Uschold wrote:    (06)