Re: [ontology-summit] [Ontology Application Framework] Revised Strawman

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:47:54 -0500
On 3/1/2011 5:46 PM, Pavithra wrote:
> I am not debating about Lattice approach. However, I believe not
> everything needs theoretical solutions. Some can be resolved with
> practical approach and policies.    (01)

Absolutely.  As I have said many times, the theory behind the
lattices was done over 80 years ago.  The hard, practical work
is to populate the lattice with solid work.    (02)

I would contrast that with the so-called "ontology" we find
in the DPpedia, which just a bunch of random notation
with no rhyme or reason.    (03)