Re: [ontology-summit] [Ontology Application Framework] Revised Strawman

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Ring <jring7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:56:31 -0700
I submit that the focus on ontology obfuscates the necessity and benefits of treating an enterprise as a system, particularly an intelligently autonomous system. This entails performing system Identification, Design/Architecting, Engineering/Constructing, Adoption/Assay/Adaptation, and Learning, IDEAL, on an existing or envisioned enterprise.
With this, ontology manifests as one facet of the infrastructure that is on aspect of the architecture.
Lacking this, ontology becomes a new paint job on an old car and begins to crack and peel after only a few weeks of spending the money on it because the existing surface was not properly prepared.
Jack Ring