Re: [ontolog-forum] Ockham's razor should not be used as a butcher knife

To: "Nadin, Mihai" <nadin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Thomas Johnston <tmj44p@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:00:57 +0000 (UTC)

<<<
Things are a bit more nuanced ...

True. But for anything that can be said, there is always something more nuanced that can be said about it. And sometimes there is a different context in which that additional nuance does useful work. But I doubt that the brief exchanges here and today among Jack, you and myself, are such a context. So I wouldn't agree with any suggestion that the brief exchanges among us require, or would even be improved by, additional nuance.

Sometimes nuance is nuisance.