Re: [ontolog-forum] Ockham's razor should not be used as a butcher knife

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Nadin, Mihai" <nadin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 15:46:51 +0000

Jack Park: Would it not then be the case that an ontology of anticipation exists?

This is more wishful thinking than some would think. Not everyone who calls himself an ontologist (or ontology engineer) is one. I remember a decent  text by Franz Mechsner, (2012)Anticipation and ontology. International Journal of General Systems, 41 (1). pp. 23-42. But also embarrassing attempts by others…

For ontology of anticipation to exist it would have to be based on a shared understanding of what it means. Such an understanding is not yet provided. In my modest opinion. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Mihai Nadin

www.nadin.ws

www.anteinstitute.org