Re: [ontolog-forum] The "qua-entities" paradigm

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Gian Piero Zarri <zarri@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 19:07:45 +0200
Dear Joel Luis,

I agree with you that the work of Giancarlo Guizzardi is interesting, and I have largely mentioned this work in my FLAIRS 2015 paper. However - apart some minor differences (in Guizzadi, the qua-individuals are instances of "quality" instead of "role") - the general framework of Guizzardi' solution to the "counting problem" corresponds largely to the standard SW solution. It is then subject to all the usual criticisms as, first of all, the unnecessary multiplication of individuals. As well known, the "expressiveness" of the SW tools is, in fact, quite reduced...

Best regards,

G.P. Zarri