Re: [ontolog-forum] NLP queries for Android Apps

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 08:52:25 -0400
John B and Alex,    (01)

JB
> This demo of Hound does a very good job of parsing queries...
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ONXea0mXg    (02)

AS
> But let me make a guess that this lady can't recognize with
> 100% accuracy any other english speaking voice.    (03)

That's a serious problem for any kind of system.  Sound Hound got
its start by recognizing melodies, which got a lot of attention.    (04)

For Q/A, I'd also mention that it's competing with Wolfram Alpha
(but they might already be licensing Wolfram Alpha).  Try typing
the Hound sentences to http://www.wolframalpha.com/    (05)

 From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfram_Alpha
> Wolfram Alpha is used to power some searches in the Microsoft Bing
> and DuckDuckGo search engines.  For factual question answering,
> it is also queried by Apple's Siri, Samsung's S Voice, as well as
> Dexetra's speech recognition software for the Android platform,
> Iris, and the voice control software on BlackBerry 10.    (06)

That's a lot of competition.    (07)