[ontolog-forum] All Philosophy is Local: Graphing the History of Philoso

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 20:18:16 -0400
My, My,

I've been waiting for this one for a long time. It is taken from the "influences" between philosophers on Wikipedia. The posting is from Copellia.io. I've had to extract the "local cluster" because the image is 8MB, too large for email. I recommend browsing the image from the website.
http://www.coppelia.io/2012/06/graphing-the-history-of-philosophy/

Kant, Hegel and Marx command center stage. Peirce (toward 6:00) and Quine (toward 7:00) appear to be the centroid of the local group that includes Carnap, the Vienna Circle and Frege. Dennett is also found near there. I'm not sure what the color assignments are. And a little surprised to see Turing so "close".

-John Bottoms
 Concord, MA USA