Re: [ontolog-forum] SME (subject matter experts) and Ontology developeme

To: "ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Philip Jackson <philipcjacksonjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 07:00:46 -0400
Pat,

In the scheme of things, a relatively minor correction: the Lisa was an Apple product, a precursor of the Macintosh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lisa

I can also attest to seeing the Xerox Alto at PARC, circa 1973, a personal computer that had a windows GUI, and mouse device.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Alto

Incidentally, Alan Kay was at PARC then, and had a cardboard mockup of a notebook-size personal computer he called a Dynabook, which he predicted could eventually be built to run Smalltalk.

Time plays tricks with our memories - perhaps you visited Engelbart's lab in 1969, not '79?  This would be consistent with his "Mother of All Demo's" in 1968.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mother_of_All_Demos

Cheers,

Phil