Re: [ontolog-forum] SME (subject matter experts) and Ontology developeme

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Thomas Johnston <tmj44p@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 06:52:11 -0700
re IBM giving the keys to the PC kingdom to Bill Gates. Just when you thought there was nothing in the sound and fury of human existence in the corporate world that could surprise you anymore, there's a story like this. Of course there's nothing surprising in what happened. But the ramifications are almost unparalleled.

Almost but not quite. I believe that Steve Jobs picked up the idea for using mice as pointing devices from the Xerox PARC people, when he was taking a public tour of the place. I believe they were the same guys who invented Ethernet. In both cases, Xerox made nothing out of the brilliance of those guys.