Re: [ontolog-forum] Data Silos

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Hans Polzer" <hpolzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 17:25:24 -0500
Sure, John. Here's the latest version of the SCOPE questionnaire. It's not
completely consistent with the SCOPE model document, but we like to think
that the questions reflect an improvement/refinement of the dimensions in
the SCOPE model document.     (01)

You'll note that Tab 3 in the spreadsheet is intentionally left blank. NCOIC
does have a number of domain-dependent scope questions for illustrative
domains as examples for anyone conducting SCOPE workshops. However, NCOIC
does not believe itself to be expert in any particular application domains
and so does not want to make such questions part of the standard released
questionnaire. Our training material does provide guidance on how to develop
domain-dependent scope dimensions and associated questions to put into the
spreadsheet for a particular workshop target domain.     (02)

While domain-dependent scope dimensions are the primary area of explicit
extensibility in the SCOPE model, we also welcome any suggestions for
additional dimensions and associated question/possible answer sets, or
improvements to the current questions/answer values in the other spreadsheet
tabs.    (03)