Re: [ontolog-forum] Data Silos

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Frank Guerino <Frank.Guerino@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 10:36:39 -0500
Hi Robert,

You may want to look at research published by organizations such as Gartner and Forrester on topics such as “Data Integration” and “Enterprise Application Integration (EAI),” which show growing trends for investments in these spaces (and the technologies, tools, and services to support them).  Every system/application is a data silo, and the more of these silos you have the higher your complexities, costs, and time to integrate between silos will become if certain patterns are not implemented.

Also, I would suggest that you think of the fact that silos are not necessarily “problems” so much as they are “challenges,” as their are good things about silos, too, such as productivity, repeatability, creativity, and innovation.

Anyhow, I hope this helps.

My very best wishes for a Happy Holiday Season to you and yours,

Frank
--
Frank Guerino, Chairman
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)