Re: [ontolog-forum] Discussion re reasoning about Time and State with RE

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Philip Jackson <philipcjacksonjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 07:42:47 -0400
John, Ed, and Leo,

Although my thesis did not discuss ontological questions in general,  I would propose following the thesis approach in represent ontologies:  Use an artificial language, such as Tala, based on the syntax of a natural language such as English, to represent ontological information in general. Use other formal languages and notations to represent ontological information as appropriate in various domains.

This supports a point made earlier in this thread by Ed and John, that no single model (or language) is adequate for representing all ontological information.

Phil