Re: [ontolog-forum] Discussion re reasoning about Time and State with RE

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 19:32:58 +0000

Cyc wandered in the wilderness for a number of years in the 1980s, trying to choose formalisms for what they intended to do, i.e., from RLL and Eurisko, to include propositional logic, to other AI-ish representations, before eventually settling on a mostly first-order logic language, i.e., CycL. But this was fairly late.

You might look at:

Lenat, Douglas; Ramanathan Guha. The Evolution of CycL, The Cyc Representation Language. In: Special Issue on Implemented Knowledge Representation and Reasoning Systems, SIGART Bulletin Volume 2, Number 3, June, 1991, pp. 84-87.

Thanks,

Leo