Re: [ontolog-forum] Discussion re reasoning about Time and State with RE

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Whitten <whitten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:02:36 -0400
Philiip,    (01)

While I understand your desire to promote Controlled Natural Languages
like Tala, I think it important that folks who haven't delved into Cyc
realize that the formal logic expressed in CycL also can be viewed in
a controlled subset of English that is derived from, and is an
alternate form of the same logical expressions.    (02)

I am a strong advocate of CNLs, as most of the long-term Ontolog
readers know, but I also want the system to be usable to support
existing computer systems (my personal experience is in Medical
Informatics), and support drawing conclusions and collecting data
usable in quality reporting.    (03)

David Whitten
713-870-3834    (04)