Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontologies and individuals

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Alex Shkotin <alex.shkotin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 20:33:49 +0400
Nicola,

thank you. I should definitely keep in mind that some people saying ontology are thinking about Tbox.

Alex

2012/12/11 Nicola Guarino <nicolguar@xxxxxxxxx>
Alex,

there is already a term for (2): knowledge base.

Nicola

On 11 Dec 2012, at 17:10, Alex Shkotin <alex.shkotin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

Nicola reminds me 2 different definitions of ontology:
1. >.
2. >.
I prefer (2) as it keeps all knowledge together:-)
And it looks like Sandro keeps in mind (1).

Alex