Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:29:06 -0400
Rich,    (01)

I was traveling for the past 2 weeks with spotty access to email,
so this response is a  bit late.    (02)

JFS
>> Anybody who has a small business knows that the
>> biggest enemy of small business is*not*  the
>> government.  It's big business.  The regulations
>> that hurt small business were *not*  written by
>> government, they were written by lobbyists for big
>> business who want to stamp out the competition.    (03)

RC
> I (a small business owner for decades) disagree.
> The government is every bit as involved in the
> corporate-government partnership.    (04)

But you're confusing cause & effect. The enemy of small business
is big business.  If you weaken the government, there will be
a power vacuum.    (05)

And guess who will step in to fill that vacuum.  It will not be
small business, and it will not be free-spirited libertarians.
As the Republicans Teddy Roosevelt and William Howard Taft said,
it will be "the Malefactors of Great Wealth".    (06)

Remember that it was the Republican Party that passed the
anti-trust laws, and the two most vigorous enforcers of those
laws were the Republicans TR & WHT.  That was when the
Republican Party was on the side of small business.    (07)