Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 06:10:23 -0700

David,

Excellent reminder of the way complexity has grown over the years.  Facebook, which appears rather simple to a user (because it HAS to look simple or it won’t get users) is a great example.  In the hullabaloo leading up to the IPO, I heard Zuckerman say that they have 500 engineers working away at the software.  I also know of an insurance company that has 275 engineers whose only job is database security!

As I mentioned one email below to John Bottoms, the way of technology development for small businesses now is to develop patents for the conceptual part of the technology, and then provide reference designs for a variety of applications that can be built on top of the reference design.  That offers even small technology developers a way to create new technology and not sell their souls for a little VC or angel money.

Thanks for the comments!

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper