Re: [ontolog-forum] Terminology and Knowledge Engineering

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Hans Polzer" <hpolzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 19:59:32 -0500
One additional point I'll make is that the earlier email thread in which
someone brought up the issue of whether Postal Code and Zip Code mean the same
thing or not was really touching on a scope issue. If the scope of the
discussion was only the US Postal Service and mailing address in the US
(leaving aside the scope issue of specifying what constitutes the US for these
contexts/purposes, and the 5 digit vice 5+4 digit Zip Code issue), then the two
terms could well be synonymous. But if we include other postal systems and
addressing schemes in other countries in our context scope, they are clearly
not the same thing since Zip Code is specific to the US Postal Service.     (01)

Hans    (02)