Re: [ontolog-forum] Terminology and Knowledge Engineering

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 11:23:25 -0500
David -

On Mar 2, 2012, at 11:12 AM, David C. Hay wrote:

 The idea here was that we data modeling people are quick to criticize our clients for careless use of language, but we are just as bad.

Heavens to Betsy... they'll let anyone on this list!   :-)     Who was it... Mark Twain or Groucho Marx... "I wouldn't join a club that would let me be a member?"

(1) In your modeling travels, how often when you arrive at a new assignment, does the client hand you a glossary/dictionary/list of terms/lexicon to be used in your models?

(2) When you finish an assignment, how often does the client DEMAND/EXPECT/REQUIRE that you produce a glossary/dictionary/list of terms & definitions?

Or maybe I should just ask... has it ever happened?