Re: [ontolog-forum] What goes into a Lexicon?

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:37:52 +0000
John,    (01)

This was a flawed architecture and flawed decision-making. You don't just go
from A to B overnight. You maintain these as distinct until the new B has the
kinks worked out, or you choose an A + B approach, not a B - A approach. It is
of course possible and prudent to retain your RDB structure and layer semantic
technology over it.    (02)

Really, for most of the above paragraph, any technology can be the value of A
and B. Any new B will have this issue.    (03)

I've seen many folks embrace "cloud computing", "service-oriented
architecture", "object-oriented programming", "enterprise architecture", etc.,
thinking that adopting these technologies in toto and at once solved all their
problems. Semantic technologies cannot save you from bad computer science and
engineering, nor from bad management.    (04)

Thanks,
Leo    (05)