Re: [ontolog-forum] Terminology and Knowledge Engineering

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:03:03 -0500
Michael -    (01)

On Jan 24, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:    (02)

> I get self describing homonym-free terminology. Whenever I stumble
> over such
> a term, I can get it's definition in one or several natural languages
> automatically by dereferencing the term. I can also be sure that the
> definition I get is the only and authoritative definition for this
> term.    (03)

Perhaps German is different from English, but WHERE can you find
terms/phrases that have a SINGLE definition?    (04)

To repeat... the technical terminology (pretty much from the jargon
of software systems) "dictionary" I built has 2,000 terms & 68,000
meanings.  If I were industrious, I suspect the 68,000 would be more
like 150,000.    (05)

David Eddy
deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    (06)

781-455-0949    (07)