Re: [ontolog-forum] Solving the information federation problem

To: Paul Brown <pbrown@xxxxxxxxx>, Jim Amsden <jamsden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "simf-rfp@xxxxxxx" <simf-rfp@xxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Cory Casanave <cory-c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:58:57 -0400

Paul,

I made some notes [CBC] , below.

From: Paul Brown [mailto:pbrown@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 2:11 PM
To: Paul Brown; Jim Amsden; Cory Casanave
Cc: edbark@xxxxxxxx; [ontolog-forum] ; simf-rfp@xxxxxxx; Sjir Nijssen (sjir.nijssen@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: RE: [ontolog-forum] Solving the information federation problem

Sorry, there is a mistake in one of the paragraphs – it should read:

Same group of concepts, different organization

This is the most common transformation challenge, and it has nothing to do with semantics. It arises when inherently networked information is represented in tree structures and different parties have chosen to use different information tree structures. If you understand the mapping of the individual concepts (including their relationships) and you have the common abstract concepts, you can mechanically do the transformation with an XSLT or equivalent.

Paul C. Brown

Principal Software Architect

TIBCO Software Inc.

Email: pbrown@xxxxxxxxx               Mobile: 518-424-5360

Yahoo:pbrown12_12303                              AIM: pcbarch

"Total architecture is not a choice - it is a concession to reality."

Visit  www.total-architecture.com

Architecture Books:

-- Succeeding With SOA: Realizing Business Value Through Total Architecture

-- Implementing SOA: Total Architecture In Practice

-- TIBCO Architecture Fundamentals

The SOA Manifesto: soa-manifesto.org