Re: [ontolog-forum] [Fwd: War of the Ontological World - short article b

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Todd J Schneider <todd.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:25:20 -0400

In today's world of ontologies (and other semantic technologies)
these are engineered entities. As such they represent a balance
among competing interests. However, as 'engineered' entities
there is a presumption that the 'engineers' actually knowing
something of the applicable subject areas to be able to apply
this knowledge in a rational/reasonable fashion.

Todd

Inactive hide details for "Obrst, Leo J." ---10/25/2011 07:12:20 PM---The division between Neats and Scruffies goes back in AI "Obrst, Leo J." ---10/25/2011 07:12:20 PM---The division between Neats and Scruffies goes back in AI to at least the late 1970s-early 1980s and