Re: [ontolog-forum] Siri's (Apple) Patent Application

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Edward Barkmeyer <edward.barkmeyer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:18:32 -0400
In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that NIST is a
sister agency of the US Patent and Trademark Office.  We are both
agencies of the US Department of Commerce (which is somewhat analogous
to the Ministry of Trade and Industry).    (01)

I aver that the positions I have stated are mine, and not necessarily
those of NIST or DoC.  I have learned to respect the value of patent by
working with manufacturing and engineering organizations for 30 years.    (02)

-Ed    (03)

Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8263                Cel: +1 240-672-5800    (04)