Re: [ontolog-forum] SOA organised with RDF - Use Case

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Matthew West <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 08:29:41 +0100
Dear Bart,
My experience is that when people start trying to solve a problem like this they do not start by thinking "I should look for an existing standard to help me with this" and if they do they usually think that whatever they find is too complicated for what they need. What they do is they get on with solving the problem at hand. After a while they may have enough understanding that they can see that the problem is not as simple as they thought, and perhaps using an existing standard would be a good idea, but often they will just conclude that they should make what they are doing a (new) standard - after all they must understand things better than those who have gone before.
Hence: "The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from"

Regards
Matthew West