Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:40:17 -0500
> CM
>> Do these "database context discovery methods" actually exist in code,
>> in a form people can actually use for doing real-world knowledge
>> engineering, or are you just sketching an architecture that you think
>> can be coded and that you think would work if it were?
>
> That depends on how much code you want to start with.  The simplest
> implementation is a repository that organizes all the theories (or
> their axiomatizations) in a tree that puts theory A under theory B
> iff the axioms in B are a subset of the axioms of A.    (01)

Well, I was really wondering whether *Rich* had any code implementing his
"database context discovery methods", as the architecture he described seemed
pretty sophisticated, what with its use of "heuristic methods" and all.  So my
question was whether what he was describing was simply an *idea* of a method or
something that actually exists.    (02)

-chris    (03)