Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 11:50:54 -0500
On Aug 16, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Rich Cooper wrote:
> Dear John,
>
> Re your ISS slides, slide number 65, you wrote:
>
> > Any formal theory can only express one version at a time.
>
> That is why I chose the And/Or search algorithm class for my database context
>discovery methods.  Using different heuristic metrics, multiple viewpoints of
>the same factual structures (represented in the graph) can be visited
>sequentially as the solution subtree switches among the alternative
>interpretations.  Each such solution subtree is itself consistent, and the
>forest of subtrees is based on the same facts and rules which establish any
>one of the subtrees.     (01)

Do these "database context discovery methods" actually exist in code, in a form
people can actually use for doing real-world knowledge engineering, or are you
just sketching an architecture that you think can be coded and that you think
would work if it were?  If the former, where is the code and is it accessible?    (02)

Chris Menzel    (03)