Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology of Self Interest

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:36:18 -0400
On 8/11/2011 7:09 AM, doug foxvog wrote:
> The Heartland Institute seems to find it more in their self-interest
> to promote a libertarian society than to protect a world from a gradually
> increasing threat that will become worse over a span of decades and
> generations.    (01)

Just one comment:  The Heartland Institute has the status of be a
non-profit "Think Tank".  But their thoughts were paid by the tobacco
companies to "prove" that smoking does not cause cancer.  After that
battle was lost, they have been taking money to "prove" that there
is no global warming or at least none caused by oil companies.    (02)

I have a great deal of sympathy for the Libertarian goals of freedom.
Unfortunately, the Heartland Institute does not work for *my* freedom.
Large corporations are bigger than and every bit as dangerous as
most of the governments in the world.    (03)