Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology of Self Interest

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:39:10 -0700
Rich and All,    (01)

On 8/11/11, Rich Cooper <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ...[snip]...
> There seem to be many who agree the topic isn't
> part of our focus, yet also many who want to
> continue it.  I am stumped about how to proceed
> given the strength of these two opposing self
> interests.   -Rich Cooper    (02)

[ppy]  ... moving the conversation elsewhere changes the context and
creates a different conversation. I'd therefore, suggest you/we
continue here, but try our best to keep it relevant, and keep the s/n
ratio high (as this community always has.)  The acid test, I guess,
which applies to whether one is starting a thread or making another
post, is to check whether that act is indeed advancing the community's
charter (http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidB )
... And, when it gets really exciting, let each of us try to keep the
traffic volume reasonable too ... (in that regard, John Sowa's earlier
suggestion of one-message-a-day may be a useful guideline.)    (03)

Thanks & regards. =ppy    (04)

Peter Yim
Co-convener, ONTOLOG