Re: [ontolog-forum] Modeling a money transferring scenario

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Anders Tell <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 09:49:37 +0100
Hi Selcuk,    (01)

A few ideas:
SInce the starting point is the Bank a good start is to begin with what a Bank
may know, i.e. their side of the transaction.    (02)

A Transaction is an Exchange of Money and as such it has two sides, a Give/Out
and one Take/In side. Actually there are more parties.
Buyer instructs Bank to transfer money to Sellers Bank. Actually-2 yet more
parties may be involved such as between Bank to Bank, See SEPA project and ISO
20222 for more info.     (03)

Secondly since its has to with anomalies its a good idea to add the reasons for
money exchanged, such a payment for deliveries. So it may be beneficial to as
transfer Reason such as payment for reciprocal Delivery. See REA ontology for
more info.    (04)

Thirdly money laundry involves more exchanges (information, money, paper,
messages etc) than a Bank  may have knowledge about and Evidence to support it.
So it may be beneficial to add models of other kinds of Exchanges (assumed,
actual, hypothetical ,...) . This is separate from the accounting semantics
(money in , money out).    (05)

/anders    (06)

On Jan 6, 2011, at 1:28 PM, Selcuk Bozdag wrote:    (07)