Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Breaking News: Google supports GoodRelations

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:38:50 -0800 (PST)
Dr.Sowa,

>The best thing that could happen to the SemWeb is to break it up.

I think you should have joined the SemWeb  band wagon !!  Semantic Web world may advance faster with your expertise..  ( my two sense .. not cents)

I think Semantic web stack is already modularized as layers and they seemed to be loosely coupled..     giving enough flexibility to come up with new technology and providing connectivity for the existing data in the form of linked data.. But I would be interested in a another framework.. to incorporate all the other web technologies that are working now..

About AT&T spitting up.. no comment!  All large organizations have thier strategy.  IBM seem to aquire all the tools I put on my resume..  ( not necessarily because I bragged about those tools, may be they thought those tools  were good too..)!  I used Rational rose and bragged about it, next thing I know, IBM aquired it.  I used Popkins System Architect and bragged about it, IBM acquired it..  the list just grows...

My point is, it would help if you joined Semantic Web group..

Regards,
Pavithra