Re: [ontolog-forum] HOL decidability [Was: using SKOS forcontrolled valu

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:51:36 -0500
On Oct 14, 2010, at 12:15 PM, Rich Cooper wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> Thanks for you post, you seem to be honestly trying to understand what I
>meant by the statement "there is no function that can iterate the primes", and
>perhaps I should have originally said "directly, without iterating other
>types", which seems to have set off this mess.  But I expected Menzel to make
>an honest answer instead of an ad hominem attack.      (01)

I apologize for the *ad hominem* elements of my response, but I gave a very
detailed, "good-faith" critique of all of your claims about Gödel's theorem and
its proof.  I have to admit to having very little patience for people who
misrepresent Gödel's work -- which you did, several times, particularly in your
claim about Gödel's results all being "based on the primes", a claim you have
yet to acknowledge as bogus.  I would have no problem at all engaging in a more
cool-headed way over the meaning of the term "iterate".  Unfortunately, you
still seem to think that the fact that "there is no iterator of [the primes]",
in your sense of "iterator", is somehow connected to Gödel's theorem.  It
simply isn't, and the fact that you don't see it means that you don't
understand the theorem or its proof.    (02)

-chris    (03)